Below are a range of selected publications within the fields of epilepsy, psychosis, metabolic syndrome and cancer that provide further pharmacologic background to these avenues of research:
- Cannabidiol: from an inactive cannabinoid to a drug with wide spectrum of action.
- The propagation, characterisation and optimisation of Cannabis Sativa L as a phytopharmaceutical - a PhD thesis by Dr David Potter.
- The psychoactive plant cannabinoid, Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol, is antagonized by Delta8- and Delta9-tetrahydrocannabivarin in mice in vivo.
- The diverse CB1 and CB2 receptor pharmacology of three plant cannabinoids: delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and delta9-tetrahydrocannabivarin.
- Emerging strategies for exploiting cannabinoid receptor agonists as medicines.
- Non-psychotropic plant cannabinoids: new therapeutic opportunities from an ancient herb
- A review of the cultivation and processing of cannabis (Cannabis sativa L.) for production of prescription medicines in the UK - David J. Potter DOI 10.1002/dta. 1531
- The phytocannabinoid Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabivarin modulates inhibitory neurotransmission in the cerebellum.
- Effects of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabivarin on [35S]GTPgammaS binding in mouse brain cerebellum and piriform cortex membranes.
- Cannabinoids in bipolar affective disorder: a review and discussion of their therapeutic potential.
- Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an antipsychotic drug
- The endocannabinoid system in depression and stress
- The cannabinoid D9-tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) ameliorates insulin sensitivity in two mouse models of obesity
- Evidence that the plant cannabinoid Delta9-tetrahydrocannabivarin is a cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptor antagonist.
- Cannabidiol arrests onset of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice.
- Plant-derived cannabinoids modulate the activity of transient receptor potential channels of ankyrin type-1 and melastatin type-8.
- A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Pilot Trial With Extension Using an Oral Mucosal Cannabinoid Extract for Treatment of Chemotherapy-Induced Neuropathic Pain
- Antitumor activity of plant cannabinoids with emphasis on the effect of cannabidiol on human breast carcinoma.
- Cannabinoids: potential anticancer agents.
- Synthetic and plant-derived cannabinoid receptor antagonists show hypophagic properties in fasted and non-fasted mice.
- A pilot clinical study of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme.